Alicia suggested that tabata-style, high-intensity intervals be used to achieve a lean, sculpted physique in time for THIS Summer.
The benefits of short-bursts of intense physical activity are many:
- increases post-exercise, oxygen consumption, which is a fancy way of saying that you burn calories at an elevated rate up to 24 hours after the workout.
- increases natural levels of human growth hormone, which helps us burn fat and other hormones that metabolize fat for burning
- decreases appetite
- increases insulin sensitivity in muscles
- assists with fatty acid oxidation
In addition, weight training increases your lean muscle tissue which:
- increases your resting metabolic rate, which means you burn more calories even when doing nothing
- increases your strength, which leads to increased work capacity, which leads to more increases in more calories burned
Here are some of the top exercises you can use, tabata style (20 seconds work/10 seconds rest for 7 minutes) from greatist.com (click HERE)
Food with Focus AND Flavor for Every Lifestyle