This week on Healthy Edge Radio (brought to you by World Gym Rochester, click HERE for a special Healthy Edge offer):
- Our guests were:
- Kyle Sheridan, powerlifter, sponsored athlete with USP Labs and Tango Charlie Apparel
- Christy Neu, race director for the Excellus BCBS Teacher’s 5K challenge
- Brian Mastrosimone, creator of Roc City Values
- Robbie Ortiz, owner of Bert’s Box, Strength & Conditioning Gym
- Angie Ferris, Teacher’s Challenge 5K Team Leader for Rochester City School #54 and member at Bert’s Box
- Our Healthy Tip of the Week, brought to you by Rochester Fitness & Cycling was: "Consider walking if you have injuries, limitations or just aren’t interested in running. Although running does give you a slight advantage, walking is still an effective choice for losing weight and improving cardiovascular health, as well as being less stressful on your joints in the bigger picture. IF you can’t or currently don’t run…consider walking the Teacher’s Challenge 5K..it’s still a good workout and for a great cause." read about the discussion HERE.
- This week's question from 'John H’s Gym Bag', brought to you by Stuart Spices, was, “My knee hurts when I run, what do you think is the problem?" listen to our answer at the 22:20 mark of the podcast.
- to have your health/fitness question answered on future shows, email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our roundtable subject for our guests this episode was, "using health & fitness as a means to raise awareness and resources for important causes”
To hear the episode in it's entirety, click the audio player below:
Food with Focus AND Flavor for Every Lifestyle